Sunday, May 14, 2006


~ Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
For Mother's day! A picture of my mama, in all her 1970's glory. She actually groans when she sees this picture, it bothers her so, but I like it a lot.

Look what I got for Mother's Day!

An amazing doll, made by Scott Radke. Scott has better pictures of her on his site, I took these when the light was already waning, so they are a bit dark.

Hans says that he asked Scott to make it all the way back when we were still at the Hospital. I never saw this one coming and was completely surprised by it. Hans likes to give me art featuring my much loved friend the Sheep, and this little sheep is just so beautiful! I wish I could get a close up of his eyes...they are shiny and sweet and you would swear that little lamb is looking right at you. I don't have him perched in her arms just right yet, since I keep taking him down and looking at him.

They hang on the wall, and I put them right above my favorite chair where I spend my morning time, next to our Pie Oh Pah painting by Clive Barker.

I love the curve of her hips covered in burlap love.

My neighbor has six wee kittens that will need homes soon. She brought the runt over... wrapped in a washcloth, with her baby bottle and tiny little fuzzy ears.

I'm pretty sure that I now have baby kitten Fever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Amazing! Your photos of your children with Hans, seashells,and the one of your Mother. She is absolutely beautiful.Very Audrey Hepburnish I think. I like your mothers day gift as well. Surprises are fun and warm the heart. The good surprises that is. Thanks again for your Blog. Prayers to you and Hans. I anxiously await the reports from these tests. Sincerely,
J Bauer
Jasper

Anabel said...

Amazing and so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best pieces yet, that I have seen of Scott's! How very thoughtful and wonderful of your husband! Lucky you!!!